Celebrities gave us many memorable moments in 2021. These included marriages and divorces as well as the arrival of children, red carpet appearances and award shows, and some scandals.
Hollywood’s A-listers gave fans plenty of things to talk about, from abrupt departures of TV personalities to stars being “canceled.” Below are the biggest celebrity scandals of this year.
In a tell-all interview, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry discuss the rift between royal families
Oprah Winfrey interviewed Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and other subjects in a broad interview that took place in March. The couple made bombshell allegations about British royals including “concerns” and “conversations” about the dark skin of her son Archie when he was born.
Oprah Winfrey interviews Prince Harry (left) and Meghan Markle in this handout photo, which was released March 5, 2021. (Harpo Productions/Joe Pugliese via Getty Images
Gayle King later learned that Winfrey had told Gayle King, “on camera and off,” about who was part of those conversations.
Winfrey told Harry that he felt trapped in royal life. He was also surprised to lose his security last year and that he was cut off from financial support. He said that he didn’t feel his family supported Meghan. Meghan acknowledged her ignorance about royal life prior to marrying Harry.
Meghan revealed that she had suicidal thoughts during her time living abroad and dealing with the media attention surrounding the royal family. She claimed that she tried to get help from the palace’s human resource department but was told by a senior member of the institution, that receiving mental health care would be detrimental for the family.
2020 saw the Duke and Duchess leave royal duties due to British media intrusions and racist attitudes towards the former American actress. (Photo by Chris Jackson, Pool/Getty Images).
Last year, the Duchess and Duke of Sussex began to withdraw from their royal duties due to what they called British media’s intrusions into the lives of the actress and their racist attitudes towards her. The family currently resides in Montecito on the California coast. In June, they welcomed Lilibet Diana to the family.
Chrissy Teigen’s Cyberbullying Scam
Cravings mogul Chrissy Teigen was heavily criticised this year after reports of cyberbullying.
Courtney Stodden, a 35-year-old cookbook author, called Teigen out for years of inappropriate social media bullying. Teigen was also accused by Lindsay Lohan, Farrah Jacob and Michael Costello of cyberbullying.
Teigen suffered a major blow when it was reported that Bloomingdale’s had pulled from a deal with the model. Macy’s shares a parent company to Bloomingdale’s. However, it is not clear if it will be selling her products again in the future.
Teigen has publicly apologized for her past behavior several times, including in a long post on Medium and which she shared on social networks.
After the controversy, she also spoke out about being in the “cancel group”.
Teigen posted on Instagram, July: “Iiiii I don’t know what to write here…just feels strange to pretend that nothing has happened online but feel like complete sh*t in real life.” It’s hard to go outside, and it doesn’t feel right. Being at home alone makes my head race. However, I know that the way I am handling it now is not the best.
“I feel lost, and I need to find my way back, I need to snap out, I need to communicate with you guys, instead of pretending that everything is fine. I don’t know how to communicate with you guys in another way. Cancel club is fascinating and I have learned so much. It’s difficult to understand and few people will ever be able to do it.
Teigen said, “And it’s difficult to talk about it that way because obviously you sound silly when you clearly have done something wrong.” It’s just awful. There is no winning. There is no winning. All I know is that I love you guys and I miss you guys. I needed a moment to be honest with you guys because I’m tired of feeling sick all day.
She jokedly asked if she could attend a “cancel club reunion” after her post was over.
Britney Spears’ conservatorship battle
Britney Star’ conservatorship drama is one of the most discussed controversies in Hollywood. A judge released a relief order for the pop star in November after numerous documentaries.
Britney Spears was removed from conservatorship by a judge in November. (Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic)
Spears’ freedom has not been without its problems. In her July testimony, she claimed that her father was guilty of “conservatorship abuse.” She also attacked other members of her family including Jamie Lynn Spears and Lynne Spears’ mother, claiming they were not helping her.
BRITNEY SEARS’ CONSERVATORSHIP. EXPLAIN
Despite the end of the conservatorship, it is still unclear if Jamie Spears’ father will consent to being deposed by Mathew Rosengart, the singer’s lawyer.
Rosengart stated in a September statement to Fox News that Mr. Spears believed he could avoid accountability and justice. This included sitting for a deposition and answering any other discovery under oath. He is wrong and our investigation into financial misconduct and other issues will continue.”
Chris Harrison leaves “Bachelor” franchise
After a racist controversy, Chris Harrison left the “Bachelor” franchise in June. He signed a deal to produce and Warner Bros.
‘JEOPARDY!’ HOST KEN JENNNINGS APLOGIZES FOR THE ‘DAD Joke’
“Chris Harrison will be leaving the host position on ‘The Bachelor’. “We are grateful for his many contributions over 20 years and wish him the best on his new journey,” Warner Horizon Entertainment and ABC Entertainment stated in a Fox News statement.
Chris Harrison left the “Bachelor” franchise in June 2021. (ABC/Craig Sjodin)
Harrison wrote a message to his Twitter. “I have had an amazing run hosting ‘The Bachelor’ and I am excited to begin a new chapter. Bachelor Nation has given me so many wonderful memories. He wrote that while my two-decade journey is over, the friendships and memories I have made will last a lifetime.
After it was revealed that Rachael Kirkconnell had attended an Antebellum party before she appeared on “The Bachelorette”, he had previously quit hosting the show. After photos of her appearing on the show surfaced, the 24-year-old apologized in a long letter. She condemned her past actions which included dressing up in Native American costumes and attending an Old South-themed party at a plantation in 2018.
Astroworld tragedy: Travis Scott
After a crowd surge that left 10 people dead and many more injured, Travis Scott’s Astroworld festival was headlined on Nov. 5.
According to authorities, the Houston Astroworld event attracted 50,000 people. More than 300 people were treated at the NRG Park field hospital. At least 13 more were admitted to hospital.
Samuel Pena, Houston Fire Chief, described the incident as a “mass casualty incident.” The fire chief stated that the crowd started to condense towards the front, which caused panic and some injuries. “People started to fall out, became unconscious, and it caused additional panic.”
AsTROWORLD: A LOOK WHAT HAPPENED AT TRAVIS SCOTT’S PERFORMANCE
The remaining dates of the Astroworld Festival have been cancelled following the tragedy. Scott and Live Nation released statements.
Travis Scott performs on Day 1 at the Astroworld Music Festival at NRG Park, Friday, November 5, 2021 in Houston. (Amy Harris/Invision/AP)
Live Nation shared via Twitter , “Our thoughts and prayers are with the Astroworld Festival Family tonight – especially those who have lost loved ones.” We are focusing on helping local officials whenever we can. The festival will be cancelled on Saturday, keeping this in mind. Authorities stated in a press conference that they are investigating the cardiac arrests that occurred. Please contact the Houston Police if you have any information.
The rapper shared his feelings on Instagram the next day, posting a video that he captioned, “I’m honestly just distraught.” “We are actually trying to help these families through this difficult time.
ASTROWORLD TAGEDY: KYLIE JENNER, TRAVIS SCOTT ‘DEVASTATED’, RAPPER IN THE ‘CONSTANT STATE of SHOCK’: SOURCE
Scott stressed that he did not know the gravity of the issues being discussed during the concert. According to a statement made by his representatives and obtained by Fox News Digital, Scott stated that he was still “actively investigating routes of communication” with the families affected by the tragedy.
The statement said that Travis Scott and his team had been exploring possible connections with all families affected by the tragedy over the past week through appropriate liaisons. He is deeply affected by the situation and wants to offer his condolences to all of them. However, he also wishes to respect each family’s wishes about how they would like to be connected.
“To those families who would like to reach out directly to his team, please send an email to the below address where we will have a team on hand to assist,” the statement continued before adding the address, [email protected]
Since then, multiple lawsuits have been filed against Scott, Live Nation, and other Astroworld performers.
Alec Baldwin’s beginning tragedy
Alec Baldwin was the victim of tragedy after Halyna Hutchins, a cinematographer, was fatally shot on the set of “Rust”, on Oct. 21.
Baldwin was the star and producer of the film. He has been named in lawsuits brought by other crew members. It happened at Bonanza Creek Ranch, New Mexico.
Alec Baldwin said that he didn’t pull the trigger during an interview about the fatal shooting at “Rust.” (Jim Spellman/Getty Images)
Officials from Santa Fe County said that Hutchins, 42 years old, and Joel Souza, the director, were shot in the desert area on the southern outskirts Santa Fe. Authorities confirmed that Baldwin, 63, shot Hutchins with a gun and injured Souza, 48.
ALEC BALWIN’S CLAIM THAT HE DIDN’T PULL TRIGGER ON ‘RUST. QUESTIONED ABOUT SHERIFF: “GUNS DON’T JUST GO OFF”
Baldwin stated in an interview with ABC in December that he didn’t pull the trigger. Santa Fe Sheriff’s Department stated that it is waiting for FBI results, which will shed light on how the gun was fired. This could include pulling the trigger, pulling back the hammer, or pulling both.
Fox News Digital’s Sheriff Adan Mendoza stated that guns don’t just “go off.” He did whatever was necessary to manipulate the firearm and it was in his hand.
Her husband and their son are the survivors of Halyna Hutchins, cinematographer. (Mat Hayward/Getty Images of AMC Networks
Other crew members who were under scrutiny include Dave Halls as assistant director, and Hannah Gutierrez Reed as head armorer.
Investigators described “some complacency in the way weapons were handled by the “Rust” set. They claim it is too early to know if charges will be brought against them, but there are independent civil lawsuits regarding liability for the fatal shooting.
Hosting controversy: “Jeopardy.”
” Jeopardy!” has been on TV since 1984. In the years that followed, scandal was rarely seen. The show’s history was marred by controversy after the search for a replacement host Alex Trebek led to the hiring of Mike Richards as executive producer. He was eventually fired.
‘JEOPARDY!’ CONTESTANT’S TERRIBLE LOW SCORE HAS DISQUALIFIED HIM FROM FINAL JEOARDY! ROUND
It’s not over, however. ” Jeopardy!” is still seeking a permanent host. Mayim Bialik, a “Big Bang Theory” alumni, and “Jeopardy!” are the co-hosts for now. Co-hosting is Ken Jennings, the legendary champ. Following Richards’ decision to end of his relationship with Sony , the two were appointed temporary co-hosts.
Mike Richards has apologized for comments he made in the past on a podcast that he hosted from 2013 to 2014. (Photo by Joe Scarnici/WireImage via Getty Images).
Richards was fired as executive producer of “Jeopardy!” on August 31, 2021. Richards will no longer be an executive producer on “Jeopardy!” or “Wheel of Fortune.”
We had hoped Mike would step down as the Jeopardy host. It would have minimized disruption and internal problems we have all experienced over the last few weeks,” Sony brass stated to staffers at the time. “That clearly hasn’t happened.”
Richards’ departure was motivated by scandals that erupted from his past. A few comments he made in a podcast years ago that were deemed sexist were among them. He was also named in multiple discrimination lawsuits during his 10 year tenure as executive producer for “The Price Is Right” per .
CLICK HERE FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Shakeup at “The Talk”.
After years of being on “The Talk”, Sharon Osbourne was confronted with racism allegations that eventually led her to quit the show.
In March, the former reality star declared that she had “decided to leave” CBS’s long-running daytime talk show.
She left just weeks after a heated exchange with Osbourne, 68 and Sheryl Underwood, co-host. Osbourne had expressed support for Piers, Morgan, after he quit “Good Morning Britain” because of differing opinions regarding Meghan Markle. This was following Oprah Winfrey’s explosive interview about Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan.
Sharon Osbourne stated that she doesn’t plan to return TV to after her dramatic exit to “The Talk.” (Photo credit should be read VALERIE MACON/AFP via Getty Images
CBS stated that the events of March 10th were “upsetting” for all involved.
The statement continued: “As part our review, we concluded Sharon’s behavior towards her co-hosts on the March 10th episode did not align our values for respecting workplaces.” We did not find evidence that CBS executives orchestrated or blindsided any host.